Working with small businesses in a variety of industries, I’ve learned firsthand the headaches that are inherent in any business. And you probably wouldn’t be surprised to know that they are all different.
It is extremely frustrating for small businesses to not have systems in place when the operations side your business is beginning to take off. And the thing is…the tools you decide to implement should conform to your business type and your personality. Not the other way around.
Tweet: Business tools should cater to your business, not the other way around.
The Savvy Admin is the small business problem solver for every back-office need. And in working with small businesses we have identified 5 business tools that every small business should consider.
- Wave Accounting. The first rule of business is, know your numbers. Wave is a free accounting tool that will do the job for entrepreneurs that just starting out with a small number of transactions and a basic need of reporting. Sure you can start out with spreadsheets and by-hand calculations but why expend the energy if you don’t have to.
- Zoho CRM. Customer Relationship Management. Before you begin a mailing list you are going to meet people. These people may be power partners, they may be potential clients, and they may be other entrepreneurs you don’t want to lose track of for future opportunities. In yester-year we kept all of our business contacts in a spreadsheet. Some of you still do, but it isn’t a great use of your time and energy. Zoho CRM is a little difficult to navigate for the novice but it can be great at capturing all those business cards and serving as your spreadsheet. It also has an app that will make all of the information available in real-time on your device wherever you are.
- MailChimp. If you are just starting, or want to start growing your list, MailChimp is a no brainer. They have simple and easy templates you can use and it’s free if you have under 2000 subscribers. Their import process is one of the easiest processes for people without a lot of experience. And they integrate with your website.
- Asana. Project Management and Productivity. Asana is what we use to keep all of our tasks and productivity on the right track. It’s a free tool that helps individuals and teams stay on task. We love Asana because it of it’s wide use of applications. Some use it for project management, some as a CRM, some to replace email between teams, and the list goes on. We recommend you taking a look and seeing what you may be able to use it for. They integrate with other free apps out there making this one tool that can make moves.
- Hootsuite. In the world of social media, Hootsuite makes it easy to do a lot of tasks at once. You can check all of your social media on one screen. They give you access to your feeds, your recent posts, and allow you to share across all platforms without having to go to each one. If you are just beginning to make that social media presence for your business then you want to start here. They also have a mobile app so you can check your feeds from your phone and share that way too.
Finally, don’t forget that you don’t have to do it alone. We can help you figure out if all of these, some of these, or none of these applications would make a good fit in your business.
The Savvy Admin has specific knowledge and experience to help you make those decisions and implementations smoother, faster, and more efficient.